Back Garden Badgers

all your Mammal sightings and happenings
GreedyBadger

Back Garden Badgers

Post by GreedyBadger » June 11th, 2019, 11:47 am

Hello everyone, I'm a new member here so, hi :D

With wildlife cams becoming very cheap to buy I thought I'd put one in a secluded part of my back garden after seeing a few indications that we might have some nocturnal visitations and that turned out to be true ... badgers no less ... hurrah.

So after putting out some peanuts, berries and fruit I got some good night video which I've uploaded to a youtube channel but the best was yesterday evening when a very young badger ventured in to get an early evening nibble, I was able to get fairly close using zoom and staying downwind ... it felt like a magical moment for sure.

The largest tally in a single visit so far is 4 badgers.

Hope you enjoy the videos.
Greedy Badger Channel

Looking forward to being part of this community :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mary

Re: Back Garden Badgers

Post by mary » June 11th, 2019, 12:54 pm

oooh ! lucky you, having Badgers in your garden :)
I would love to see a Badger myself, but the only ones I ever see are the poor unfortunate ones killed on the road :(

although I have found what I think may be a Badger set, but because I always have my dog with me, i don't like to get to near it, but there have been no signs of any activity around the set, as far as I can see, maybe one day ……………. :roll:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GreedyBadger

Post by GreedyBadger » June 11th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Thanks Mary, we feel very blessed to have these visitors, I've yet to upload the IR videos from late last night but the Badgers were back and a fox paid a fleeting visit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fungio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by fungio » June 11th, 2019, 3:56 pm

great video :) and as Mary says, it must be wonderful to have them in your own garden :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GreedyBadger

Post by GreedyBadger » June 11th, 2019, 8:09 pm

It is wonderful Fungio but it's not something I talk about locally, too many people who would not be as sympathetic towards these wonderful creatures, I'm in a prime farmland area, lots of dairy cattle etc in fields not too far from my house.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bizzy
star member
star member

Post by bizzy » June 11th, 2019, 8:57 pm

nice vid of the young badger :D what a privilege getting up close to them like this,
where's that green for envy little smilie face for cases like this ? :roll:

and very wise not to broadcast the Badgers presence in your garden too, especially when we have judges handing our slapped wrists to hunt people who throw live fox cubs to their hounds are about :x :x
and wise not to use real names and locations when posting such things anywhere on the internet too i feel.

anyway, rant over :) and keep posting more videos and photos of the Badgers for all us Badgerless souls out here :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links