Squirrel

all your Mammal sightings and happenings
ashgale
Supreme member
Supreme member

Squirrel

Post by ashgale » September 11th, 2019, 11:11 am

a surprise visitor this morning :) looking out of the window, i spotted this Squirrel under the seed feeder,
(taken through the glass so a bit blurry)

Squirrel.JPG

i tried opening the door to get a better photo, but it shot up the tree, and then straight down again and was off across the grass and into the next garden ! but i did get in a quick shot of it heading down the tree :)

Squirrel 1.JPG

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Appledumpling

Re: Squirrel

Post by Appledumpling » September 11th, 2019, 2:20 pm

You need to discourage his further visits unless you are prepared for your seed feeder to be emptied in short order. We were persecuted by the damn things a few years back when one taught his progeny how to access my sunflower seed feeder. I finally stopped it by smearing engine grease laced with chilli powder on the pole from which the feeder hung.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ashgale
Supreme member
Supreme member

Re: Squirrel

Post by ashgale » September 12th, 2019, 8:41 pm

it will have to get up early if its going to beat the woodpigeons to the large feeder :D
they regularly empty 1 kilo of seed in less than half an hour :o
we have had one (possibly the same one ?) visit the feeders before, but they don't make a habit of it, the last one was quite some time back,
so I don't think i'm going to worry to much about taking out a mortgage to cover the extra seed :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links