Psathyrella species ?

found a fungi you need an id for, then post it here
Forum rules
the Fungi for ID Forum rules,
in the interests of user safety we have applied the following rules to this form,

Please do not post any ID requests for the edibility or for "recreational" usage, in this (or any other) board,
identification of any fungi should not be relied on from this forum (or any other for that matter) to be totally accurate, as it is very easy to mistake any fungi for another one, especially from just a photograph alone, which could prove fatal to yourself if you were to eat the said fungi,
any posts we think may contain such requests will be removed,
and we ask all members to report any such posts should they find them here on the forum.
mary

Psathyrella species ?

Post by mary » May 30th, 2019, 10:32 am

found on a path in the wood, on soil, but could have been on buried wood ?
smallish at about 50mm wide, with pink/clay forked, and with intermediate gills, cap slightly scaly or fleecy ? stem quite brittle,
not at all sure what it might be, but the more I search for info, the more I think it just might be a Psathyrella of some kind ?

fungus.JPG fungus_2.JPG fungus_3.JPG fungus_4.JPG fungus_5.JPG

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fungio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Psathyrella species ?

Post by fungio » June 3rd, 2019, 8:30 am

i'm not sure about this one Mary, but while it does not seem quite right for a Pathyrella, I cant think of what else it might be ? other than perhaps a Hebeloma ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mary

Re: Psathyrella species ?

Post by mary » June 3rd, 2019, 2:39 pm

thanks fungio, I did wonder about Hebeloma, but for some reason, discounted them,
I should have taken more notice of it at the time, and perhaps taking one home for a spore print may have helped too :roll:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links