some minor cosmetic changes to the forum !

news of changes etc to the Forum can be found here
admin
Site Admin

some minor cosmetic changes to the forum !

Post by admin » January 7th, 2019, 7:01 pm

we have made a few minor changes to the forum index,
this means that whereas before, the subforums of any category were listed on the parents forum, we have now changed this so that they are hidden from view until you click on the parent forum,

affected forums are the Wildflower forum, the Insect and invertebrate forum, and the fungi forum,
its just a cosmetic change, and all posts and content are still in their original places,

the reasons for this change are that Google are now prioritizing websites for mobile use, and our forum was not meeting the requirements for mobile display, with the subforum listings being to close together for easy mobile use, and not fitting to the mobile page,
hopefully, these small changes we have made have now fixed this, and Google will now find our forum acceptable for mobile use again :)

any questions or feedback on this are welcomed :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ashgale

Re: some minor cosmetic changes to the forum !

Post by ashgale » January 8th, 2019, 12:13 pm

not that i use my mobile much for viewing the forum, but i had noticed that the subforums were a little close together on the mobile, making them a bit fiddly to use with my large digits :roll:
so the new look is ok with me :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

forager

Re: some minor cosmetic changes to the forum !

Post by forager » January 9th, 2019, 2:53 pm

i dont use my mobile for any internet activities now, i find it just to small to look at, i much prefer the old computer for viewing the forum on,
while the mobile has lots of benefits, like being able to view it anywhere (within signal range, which sadly does not include much of Clumber and Sherwood) it just wont replace the computer for me :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links