the long cold season !

chat about anything and everything here
redman

the long cold season !

Post by redman » November 25th, 2018, 6:14 pm

the long cold season is upon us again, and apart from the visiting birds to the feeders in the garden, i for one dont get to see much in the way of our wildlife during the winter time,
with it being dark from early afternoon, which gives me little or no chance to be outdoors, plus the weather being usually cold and wet,
for me the wildlife tends to take a back seat until springtime, unless of course the weather takes a turn for the better and becomes unseasonably mild and dry :D
for the hardier ones among us there is possibly always something to see and do out there, but i'm afraid i dont always take advantage of it :roll:
so heres looking forward to next springtime :D :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bizzy
star member
star member

Re: the long cold season !

Post by bizzy » November 25th, 2018, 6:41 pm

thats me too, i tend to go into hibernation when the weather is bad, but try and get out when its halfway decent, i dont mind the cold or even the snow, its when its cold and wet that i dont like going out :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fungio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by fungio » November 26th, 2018, 10:50 am

its the weather that puts me off venturing out over the winter, but i do try and get out when i can if the weather is kind, there may not be an abundance of the things we see in the summer, but there is usually something to see, and just being out there is much better than being stuck indoors :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jowhitwell

Post by jowhitwell » November 26th, 2018, 7:59 pm

well the weather here was kind today, so we got out for a shortish walk while the sun was out :)
it felt a bit nippy when we set out, but not too bad, and quite a few other folks about with the same idea too :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

redman

Post by redman » November 29th, 2018, 8:35 pm

yes, you have to take your chances when the weather is kind at this time of the year,
the winter months seem to drag on forever i feel, especially if we get a cold and wet late spring,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jowhitwell

Post by jowhitwell » December 14th, 2018, 8:54 pm

quite a sharp frost this morning, but as it turned nicer later, but still cold, we managed a short walk,
not much about apart from a few fungi though,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jowhitwell

Post by jowhitwell » January 20th, 2019, 1:07 pm

its gone very quite on here lately. where are you all ?and what do you get upto at this time of the year, ?

i have been busy with other things of late, but i tend not to venture out much at this time of the year anyhow :oops:
but the winter is passing by quite quickly, its only 6 weeks or so until march, and a lot can change in that time! but so far, apart from a few frosts, and it has been colder, its hardly been like winter at all here,
the short daylight hours mean there is no chance of any evening walks, and the weekends are either taken up with oyher jobs, or the weather puts a stop to any outings we may have planned,

so must get motivated and get a few walks in soon :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bizzy
star member
star member

Post by bizzy » January 21st, 2019, 4:47 pm

ive not been anywhere for what seems like months now (but in reality is a little over a week since my last walk) but there is not much happening at this time of the year, so i have nothing to post about here :( which seems to tbe the case for everyone else to, judging by the lack of posts :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links